Job Title: Chief Architect
Location: San Diego, California
Job Code: 1867987
Overview: Imagine One is currently seeking candidates for * “contingent” * openings in support of upcoming opportunities for SPAWAR. The services to be provided center on Command & Control (C2) technologies, and C2 related capabilities in the areas of innovative science and technology research, systems engineering, architecture, design, development, integration, test, experimentation, implementation and support of C2 Net-Centric Operations (tactical, operational, strategic and national interest). The effort also is to provide Information Processing, Discovery, and Presentation efforts as they relate to military operations dealing with Joint, Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force and/or their interfacing with civil and non-government components and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field desired; MS in Computer Science preferred; or ten (10) years equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience as a chief systems architect, chief engineer or an executive systems/enterprise architect.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in the Command and Control (C2) Net-Centric Operations, Information Management and Decision support systems as a developer/designer, applications architect with appropriate progression to architecture. Thorough leader, keeping up to date with emerging technologies and researches new technologies to assist in establishing the architectural vision.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team.
- Experience in the leadership and design of complex systems.
- Highest level technical knowledge of all phases of application systems and analysis and programming.
- Strong project planning and estimating skills to include tasking, budgeting, scheduling, risk identification and mitigation, ability to think strategically, balancing of long and short-term priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to lead discussions with clients and internal teams.
Other technical skills desired:
- System architectures: to include operational, systems, and technical views.
- Java: Complete knowledge of J2SE, multi-threading /multi-process, J2EE, EJB, JMS, JDBC, JSP/Servlets, Security Models.
- Application Servers: JBoss, BEA , Websphere
- Databases: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Networks: Understanding of networking principles and impacts to applications, and vice versa
- Other: Modeling experience, UML, Experience in high volume transaction processing systems
- Work closely with the technology groups to set direction, vision, and strategic objectives of the effort.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the enterprise platform and formulation of the technical direction for the organization’s support of this effort.
- Create and promote guiding development principles, and influence application developers in their ability to create technically sound solutions.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more!
IMAGINE ONE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).