Job Title: Human Factors Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Code: 1893519
Overview: Imagine One is currently seeking candidates for * “contingent” * openings in support of upcoming opportunities for SPAWAR. The services to be provided center on Command & Control (C2) technologies, and C2 related capabilities in the areas of innovative science and technology research, systems engineering, architecture, design, development, integration, test, experimentation, implementation and support of C2 Net-Centric Operations (tactical, operational, strategic and national interest). The effort also is to provide Information Processing, Discovery, and Presentation efforts as they relate to military operations dealing with Joint, Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force and/or their interfacing with civil and non-government components and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired, advanced degree preferred, in Human Factors/Ergonomics, Applied Psychology, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Industrial Engineering.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Human Factors Engineering as applied to HSI, human performance assessment, human computer interface design, usability testing, and the design of Command and Control (C2) Net-Centric Operations, Information Management and Decision Support systems.
- Five (5) years combined human factors/human computer interface experience in one or more of the following areas: Navy C4I, fleet staff functions, antisubmarine operations, submarine operations, mine countermeasures, platform weapons systems, and military operations other than war (MOOTW).
- Expertise in usability testing methodologies and user-centered design.
- Design, review and analysis of C2 systems and related government and military systems and technologies to determine human and mission requirements.
- Design, conduct, and report front-end analysis and experimentation during development of a new C2 system or when evaluating a deployed system.
- Design, conduct, and report evaluations of user needs and requirements with appropriate instruments, including structured interviews, surveys, performance testing, and analysis of lessons learned.
- Design, conduct, and report evaluations of task and function analyses of advanced military systems at a level of detail suitable for design decisions.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance
IMAGINE ONE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more!
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).