Job Title: Information Systems Support Specialist
Job Code: 12460829
Job Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Imagine One is now hiring an Information Systems Support Specialist
. This position supports the US Navy at the Surface Maintenance Engineering Planning Program (SURFMEPP), an activity located at Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, Virginia. This position is "contingent*" upon meeting requirements noted in clause below.
The successful candidate will be part of an IT workforce that supports about 300 geographically dispersed government and contract employees.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS, IDENTIFYING BOTH ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL DUTIES:
Typical work requirements include:
- Provide on-site hardware and software support to the activity workforce
- Set up user accounts for government and contract employees.
- Assist activity users with routine account access problems.
- Assist activity users with problems related to deployment of new workstation hardware and software.
- Support hardware and software upgrades.
- Serve as the activity Point of Contact for Navy Marine Corps Internet (NMCI) matters including workstation move/add/change requests.
- Provide limited system administration support.
- Assist with responses to IT data calls.
- Assist with systems application testing, quality assurance, and user guide development.
- Maintain accuracy of activity databases (Excel and Access).
- Maintain inventory of peripheral equipment at all activity work sites.
- Perform routine user maintenance on locally managed/owned assets (i.e. printers).
- Minimum five years’ system administration and computer support experience.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent military or commercial work experience.
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee Owned Company!
- US citizenship
- Secret clearance
IMAGINE ONE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).