Job Title: Engineer
Job Code: 12807976
Job Location: Washington Navy Yard, Washington, D.C.
Imagine One Technology & Management, Ltd., is now interviewing Engineers
(mid-level) to support Program Executive Office, Littoral Combat Ships (PEO LCS) Production. Work will be performed at the Washington Navy Yard, Washington, D.C.
will support the Program Office Production Department for the planning and execution of events from Start of Construction to Sailaway. This is a fast-paced acquisition program and four ships are delivered every year. Twelve Ships are in various stages of construction at two shipyards; this position will initially focus on support of the Freedom Variant built in Marinette, Wisconsin.
- Responsibilities will focus on support for the Industrial Post Delivery Availability (IPDA) which is a two to three months availability performed after delivery at the construction shipyard which may be expanded to include dry docking work elements of the Post Shakedown Availability work package.
- Performing this role will include communicating effectively to assist Program Office coordination between with the Shipyard, LCSRON, and Crew to facilitate the industrial support and scope issue resolution to enable these transition events for the embarked Navy crew as they take ownership of the ship prior to Sailaway from the shipbuilder.
- Other responsibilities may include: Providing support the Government Production Leads organize, coordinate, and execute the Start of Construction to Sailaway activities including Production Readiness Reviews (PRR), Launch Readiness Reviews (LRR), Builder’s Trials (BT), Acceptance Trials (AT), Industrial Post Delivery Availability (IPDA), Crew Move Aboard (CMA), Light-Off Assessments (LOA), and Crew Familiarization (CREW FAM) which includes a brief underway period.
- The primary place of performance is at the Navy Yard in Washington, DC with up to 30 percent travel to the shipyard.
- Minimum three years of cumulative Engineering and Technical experience in the marine industry preferred.
- Waterfront experience in ship construction, repair, and maintenance desired.
- Superior organizational, communications, and writing skills required
- Experience working with a Navy Program Office is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree from a Maritime College is a plus
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee Owned Company!
*Imagine One offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
- U.S Citizenship required.
- Current SECRET security clearance is required.