Job Title: Contingent Junior Security Systems Engineer
Job Location: Dahlgren, Virginia
Job Code: 12917809
Imagine One is currently seeking multiple candidates for positions supporting the U.S. Navy at Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). We are looking for several Contingent Junior Security Systems Engineers
to provide research and engineering services for Navy Surface Tactical Systems.
- Possesses an understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies for either Land Based and afloat/tactical systems, RMF, PIT and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Understanding and experience with Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances.
- Examples of these appliances and applications are Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Switch/Routers, Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS).
- The individual should have an understanding of the SETR Process.
- Possess the ability to:
- Assist in the authoring of DoD IA Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
- Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2.
- Research and recommend logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited.
- Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
- Assist in the identifying disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
- Develop, execute and document results of security test procedures.
- Assist in the analysis and testing a designated US Naval warfare system against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
- Assist in the creation and execution of an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
- Assist in the preparation and production of a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
- Assist in preparations for obtaining Authority To Operate (ATO) and resolve issues in the event a US Naval warfare system is issued an Interim ATO (IATO).
- Provide technical support in identifying and specifying requirements and performing risk
- Personnel providing SLBM support must have:
- One (1) year of knowledge in cyber security support.
- Experience developing Microsoft products to include Power Point.
- Knowledge and understand of engineering concepts and the ability to simplify complex concepts to unfamiliar audiences.
- Personnel supporting all other programs must have:
- Three (3) years of experience with Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques, as described above.
- Must be certified as one of the following:
- IAT Level II (per DoD 8570), or
- NQV Level II.
- U.S. Citizenship required for all personnel.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required for all personnel.
- All Engineers performing as Privileged Users must achieve and maintain an SSBI clearance with an IT level-1 designation in JPAS.
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary. Excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more!
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and mayalso include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.