Job Title: Contingent Security Engineer
Job Location: Dahlgren, Virginia
Job Code: 12917818
Imagine One is currently seeking multiple candidates for positions supporting the U.S. Navy at Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). We are looking for several Contingent Security Engineers (key and non-key)
to provide research and engineering services for Navy Surface Tactical Systems.
- Five (5) years’ experience in analyzing and securing DoD or IT systems for compliance with specifications, requirements and policies.
- At least six (6) Security Engineers shall have at least two (2) years of Combat Weapons Systems experience in Aegis, SSDS, or Zumwalt combat systems.
- Understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies for both Land Based and afloat/tactical systems.
- The ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Possess the ability to:
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
- Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2.
- Research and recommend logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited.
- Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
- Identify disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and recommend approaches to bring the system into compliance.
- Author and revise system requirements and specifications to meet DoD security policies.
- Perform vulnerability tests as Red Team and Blue Team using manual techniques, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), and other similar and appropriate IA and security tools.
- Plan, execute, and document risk assessments against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
- Identify and perform security analysis of connectivity relationships between the subject US Naval warfare system and the equipment to which it interfaces, both physically and virtually.
- Lead and perform as IA Officer; serving as a focal point for all security matters related to specific sets of information systems.
- Define an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
- Plan, execute, and document results of security tests.
- Must be certified as IAT Level II or III (per DoD 8570).
- At least two (2) Security Engineers shall be Intermediate Navy Qualified Validators.
- All Engineers performing as ISSO or ISSE must maintain NQV Level II certification.
- U.S. Citizenship required for all personnel.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required for all personnel.
- At least one (1) Security Engineer shall have Top Secret Clearance.
- All Engineers performing as Privileged Users must achieve and maintain an SSBI clearance with an IT level-1 designation in JPAS.
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary. Excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more!
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and mayalso include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.