Job Title: Contingent Security Software Engineer – Red Team Penetration Tester
Job Location: Lexington Park, Maryland
Job Code: 12917824
Imagine One is currently seeking multiple candidates for positions supporting the U.S. Navy at Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). We are looking for several Contingent Security Software Engineers – Red Team Penetration Testers
to provide research and engineering services for Navy Surface Tactical Systems.
- Five (5) years of experience in software engineering applied to program development; modeling and simulation applied to DoD or IT systems.
- Five (5) years of experience working in Linux; must possess a firm grasp/demonstrated knowledge.
- Five (5) years of experience working in Windows; must possess a foundational knowledge with a good understanding of enterprise networks.
- Strong working knowledge of common PENTEST tools such as Kali, Metasploit, NMAP, Cobalt Strike
- Five (5) years of documented experience in at least one of the following:
- Penetration Testing (PENTEST) (government or commercial)
- Red Team Operations (government or contractor)
- Tool/Software Development (exploits/malware, C2, reverse engineering, bug bounties)
- Python, C, C Sharp, C++, Go, Perl, PowerShell
- Web Dev / Web App Dev / Web Penetration Testing
- Five (5) years of experience with PHP, ASP, SQL databases, Java, HTML, No SQL.
- Ability to:
- Debug and reverse engineer software.
- Analyze Windows Events and Linux syslog’s, boot logs and dmesg logs
- Program and debug Web 2.0, Java, Perl, Ada, C++, Tool Command Language (tcl/tk) scripts and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) using Microsoft Visual tcl and Rational ClearCase for software configuration management.
- Recommend software modifications to systems to mitigate known vulnerabilities.
- Operate and administrate computer systems running HP-UX, UNIX, Solaris, Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Identify security flaws in compiled and human readable source code.
- Understand code utilizing real-time VxWorks and Lynx OS operating systems, Common Object Resource Broker Architecture (CORBA), firewalls and networking protocols.
- Understand how to implement NSA-approved encryption technologies and devices.
- Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Apply virtual hosting and server technology in system architectures.
- Understand and apply the concept of deceptive technology such as honey pots in system architectures.
- Participate in Code Reviews.
- Perform Static Source Code Analysis.
- Author recommendations for improving software and code design.
- Contribute to a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
- Must be certified as IAT Level II (per DoD 8570).
- Must possess one certification as a penetration tester.
- Must possess one penetration-related Offensive Security or SANS certification.
- Microsoft training course or certification.
- Linux training course or certification (CompTIA Linux + or FedVTE - Linux +).
- Penetration-related course or certification (Certified Ethical Hacker or Offensive Security Certified Professional).
- U.S. Citizenship required for all personnel.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required for all personnel.
- At least two (2) Penetration Testers shall have a Top Secret Clearance.
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary. Excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more!
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.