Job Title: Contingent Senior Security Systems Engineer
Job Location: Dahlgren, Virginia
Job Code: 12917851
Imagine One is currently seeking multiple candidates for positions supporting the U.S. Navy at Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). We are looking for several ContingentSenior Security Systems Engineers (key and non-key)
to provide research and engineering services for Navy Surface Tactical Systems.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies for either: land-based and afloat/tactical systems; or System Security Plan (SSP) Cybersecurity System Engineering (CSSE).
- The ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Experience executing all aspects of the Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) Process.
- Possess an in-depth understanding and experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF), Platform IT (PIT), and the implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances. Examples of these appliances and applications are Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Switch/Routers, Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS).
- Possess the ability to:
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
- Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2.
- Lead research, recommend and document logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited.
- Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
- Lead the identification of disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
- Plan, develop, execute and document results of security test procedures.
- Lead the analysis and testing of a designated U.S. Naval warfare system against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
- Lead and perform as Information Assurance Officer to be focal point for all security matters related to specific sets of information systems.
- Lead the preparation and execution an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
- Lead the preparation and production of a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
- Lead obtaining Authorization To Operate (ATO) and resolve issues in the event a US Naval warfare system is issued an Interim ATO (IATO).
- Lead the technical support effort in identifying and specifying requirements and performing risk assessments.
- At least six (6) Senior Security Systems Engineer shall have five (5) or more years of engineering experience on Aegis, SSDS, or Zumwalt combat systems.
- Personnel providing afloat/tactical systems support must have:
- Combat weapons systems knowledge, and
- Five (5) years of program-specific experience.
- Personnel providing SLBM support must have:
- Prior experience using the SSP Validator handbook, and
- Seven (7) years of SLBM experience.
- At least two (2) Senior Security Systems Engineers shall be a Navy Qualified Validator (Level II or III).
- At least one (1) Senior Security Systems Engineer shall be a Fully Qualified Marine Corps Validator.
- U.S. Citizenship required for all personnel.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required for all personnel.
- At least four (4) Senior Security Systems Engineers are required to have Top Secret (TS) Security clearances.
- All Validators supporting SLBM efforts must possess a TS Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- All Validators performing as Privileged Users must achieve and maintain an SSBI clearance with an IT level-1 designation in JPAS.
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary. Excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more!
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and mayalso include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.